Caring for Your Bones
The bones are constantly being broken down and built up to create new bones and there needs to
be a perfect balance between these two processes. If you are losing more bone than what is being created, you
will be a victim of osteoporosis.
Here are a few ways in which you can strengthen your bones.
- Milk: All dairy products are rich in calcium, which is quintessential for strong bones. Also make sure to get vitamin D along with calcium as it helps in the better absorption of calcium.
- Yogurt: This is a better source of calcium than milk. Eat yogurt every day.
- Fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines have high amounts of calcium in them.
- For the vegetarians, spinach is a splendid source of calcium. One cup of
cooked spinach gives 25% of daily calcium requirement. Kale (Gobhi) also provides calcium, though less than spinach.
- Eggs: Eat the whole egg as the yolk has Vitamin D.
- Soybeans, almonds, sesame seeds and paneer are good sources of calcium