Hiccups occur due to disturbances in the digestive tract.
Here are some easy tips to control and stop hiccups:
- If hiccups are caused by eating spicy food, drink a glass of water
- Put your finger in your ears to block the airway
- Hold your left arm up for some time to stop hiccups
- Disturb the breathing process by holding breath for longer. Repeat this a few times.
- Gargling with water stops hiccups in some people
Try to find the remedy that works for you! If hiccups do not stop in an hour, it is a sure sign to go to a doctor