What is an adjective ?
Adjectives are descriptive words used to describe or give information about things, ideas and people i.e. of nouns or pronouns.
The grey dog barked. (The adjective grey describes the noun "dog".)
He was an old man. or She was an old woman
Types of adjectives in the English language:
- Numeric: six, one hundred and one etc.
- Quantitative: more, all, some, half, more than enough etc.
- Qualitative: colour, size, smell, age, shape etc.
- Possessive: my, his, their, your etc.
- Interrogative: which, whose, what etc.
- Demonstrative: this, that, those, these etc. - See more at: